March Lunch & Learn: "I Got the Gift! Now Where Does it Go? - Cynthia Libby, CFRE & Chellie Skoog

When:  Mar 27, 2019 from 11:30 AM to 01:00 PM (AKT)
Associated with  AFP, Alaska Chapter

Come join us this month as our own AFP Alaska Chapter President-Elect presents on "I got the gift! Now where does it go? - Journey through the foreign lands of finance.":

Being able to provide stewardship to our donors and fulfill a donor's right to be assured their gift was used for the purposes it was given is core to our work. We spend time preparing and making the ask! But when my organization receives the money, where does it actually go? How can I track it? Grab your philanthropy passport and come travel with us through the land of finance to learn more about the details behind better stewardship for our donors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speakers: 

Cynthia Libby, MBA, CFRE - As director of operations at Providence Alaska Foundation, Cynthia's work supports the Foundation team through all things finance such as: donor data management, gift designations, reporting, and the board's Finance & Investment Committee.
She loves her job because it is the perfect fit for her education in accounting and finance with the meaningful work of philanthropy. She was introduced to a career in philanthropy at Loma Linda University Health in California, first in philanthropy research, then through more direct fundraising roles. She has also done major gift work at Providence Alaska Foundation. 

Chellie Skoog - Chellie is the Vice President of Programs for The Foraker Group.  She has over 25 years of experience in accounting and finance.  She has worked with nonprofits with little infrastructure and those with large capacity.  Her practical background in finance allows her to take financial information and present it in a realistic, easy to digest way.  With a focus on building relationship, she acts as a conduit between Foraker and the nonprofit community which allows her to adapt and shape Foraker offerings to meet the needs of Alaska’s nonprofits.  In her role, she supports Foraker’s internal team and Alaska’s nonprofits in the areas of financial Shared Services, organizational development, leadership development, educational programs and fiscal sponsorship.  Her passion for enhancing quality of life in our communities has led her to volunteer in many capacities including as the fundraising coordinator for the Seward Community Playground project, as the founding board chair for the Seward Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Alaska Community Foundation  and as a board member of the Alaska Humanities Forum.

BP Energy Center
900 E Benson Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99503
Event Image

Contact

Administrator
907 250-8488
afpalaskachapter@gmail.com