So many people worry about how to generate major gifts. They may forget about those small donors in their database – and you have many more small donors than large ones, right? Monthly giving programs are especially effective to engage smaller donor and improves donor retention multi-fold. Best of all Monthly donors give more money than one-time donors and it’s typically unrestricted.
In this interactive session you will learn the steps involved to start a monthly donor program for your organization, using the tools you already have in place. Attendees receive (digitally) a monthly donor roadmap to use as a tool along with a monthly donor retention playbook and a monthly donor planner. All you have to do is start asking!
The session will focus on the following:
- A quick overview of monthly giving and their impact on sustainable revenue
- How to thank and cultivate monthly donors
- How to organize a monthly donor program step by step
- How to acquire new monthly donors using email and other channels
- How to prevent and reactivate lapsed monthly donors
- How to prepare an annual monthly donor plan
- A case study from a nonprofit
Attendees’ Learning objectives:
- Create a complete roadmap on implementing a monthly donor program
- Present the statistics to convince your boss and board it’s time to focus (more) on monthly giving
- Utilize examples on how best to recognize, cultivate and treat monthly donors once acquired
- Understand the tools for preventing (and reactivating) lapsed monthly donors.
The target audience for this presentation are fundraising professionals with at one plus years’ experience who want to implement, or grow, a Monthly Giving Program. The beauty of a Monthly Giving Program is that it works for organizations of all sizes and sectors, building sustainability. The process is the same if the organization has ten or ten thousand donors. Every non-profit has the resources in-house to start growing monthly donors.
Presented by - Erica Waasdorp, A Direct Solution
Erica Waasdorp is President of A Direct Solution, located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She works with non-profit clients nationally and internationally on growing monthly donor programs. Erica is the former US Ambassador for the International Fundraising Congress.
Erica Waasdorp published Monthly Giving. The Sleeping Giant. She created the Monthly Donor Road Map and several e-books to include the Top 7 Questions about Monthly Giving, the Monthly Donor Retention Play-Book, and more.
Erica regularly blogs and presents in person and via webinars on appeals, direct mail and monthly giving. Erica is a Master Trainer for the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). Currently she is working on her next book Monthly Giving Made Easy.
For more information, contact Erica at email@example.com or see www.adirectsolution.com
11:45 AM - Chapter announcements
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Workshop