Complimentary registration made possible by
2020 has shown us the myriad ways that communities and our nation have not prepared to meet significant social challenges around economic inequities, systemic violence perpetrated against specific populations, and the systems undergirding these inequities. These times have also shown our sector how nimble we can be together. Amid a global pandemic and political unrest and profound social reckoning, organizations have had to pivot programming, fundraising, planning, and operations to meet our staff and communities’ needs in many ways, including collective action.
Three panelists will share their insight and ways of working in a changing landscape of diversity, equity and inclusive world amongst our nonprofit organizations. This session will be a time for reflection and sharing about our roles as nonprofit professionals and community members, focusing on the importance of leveraging our influence to center equity and systems change in our collective work.
- Birgit Burton, Founder of African American Development Officers Network
- David Adame, CEO, Chicanos Por La Causa
- Brenda Thomson, Exec Dir of AZ Humanities
- Moderator: Leanna Taylor, Exec Director of Arizona Pet Project
Panel sponsored by Arizona Community Foundation
Walk away with a better understanding and steps your nonprofit can take:
Thanks to The Arizona Community Foundation, registration for this event is complimentary!
- Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse fundraisers
- What can you do individually to make your own nonprofit truly inclusive
- Also, take the time to personally learn and be a part of the conversation on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion