Join us for our 2020 National Philanthropy Day Virtual Conference!
Now more than ever -- in today's challenging times -- fundraising professionals need inspiration, education, and connections.
During our half-day virtual conference, we will
- Celebrate local philanthropists who have made a difference to our organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Gain an understanding of how philanthropic psychology increases relationships and revenue from local fundraising professional Patrick Tiernan, CFRE.
- Learn tangible steps to take in how to recruit diverse leaders from a panel of respected voices, led by Erika Broadwater, National President at the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources.
- Celebrate AFP Brandywine's accomplishments during this extraordinary year with a brief "State of the Chapter" presentation by Chapter President Daniel Condoluci-Smith, CFRE and election of the 2021 AFP Brandywine Board.
Donor Love: How Philanthropic Psychology Increases Relationships and Revenue
The emerging field of philanthropic psychology examines human behavior and consolidates related research on altruism, giving, and overarching behavioral psychology principles in one field. But why should we care about what donors feel when it comes to giving? Do fundraisers focus on the wrong metrics when it comes to authentic relationship goals? By serving the purposes of organizations and donors, this renewed understanding of why donors feel satisfied when they give allows organizations to streamline their marketing and follow-up techniques.
Patrick Tiernan, CFRE, Principal, St. Mary Magdalen School, will share knowledge he acquired during his studies in philanthropic psychology at the Institute for Sustainable Philanthropy. This session will introduce you to the central tenets of philanthropic psychology including ways to build emotional connections between organizational mission and donor passion along with aligning various relationships with proper marketing and communication channels.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Recognize key emotional cues that connect with donors and their priorities
- Articulate relational benchmarks for a donor's journey with your organization
- Integrate the latest research in philanthropy into your marketing and communication plans
Why Recruiting Diverse Leadership Matters... and How To Do It!
AFP Brandywine's IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) Committee is excited to present a panel discussion led by Erika Broadwater, National President at the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources, providing tangible steps to take in how to recruit diverse leaders.
Panelists include respected voices from Delaware leaders:
Approved for 2.0 CFRE Education Points