Membership Committee – VP, Melanie Elliott, MFA, email@example.com
The Membership Committee is responsible for increasing and strengthening membership of the Greater Los Angeles Chapter.
- Send monthly emails to new members, renewing members, lapsed members, and members on the cusp of lapsing.
- Make phone calls to welcome new members.
- Assist at the membership table during monthly meetings. Answer questions for new members or direct them to the correct resource or contact.
- Send emails to prospective members with information about joining AFP.
- Assist in writing Member Spotlights that will appear in our chapter newsletter.
Education Committee - VP, Yvette Herrera, firstname.lastname@example.org
Providing educational opportunities is one of the primary services that AFP provides to its members. Play an important role by helping to develop workshop and luncheon topics and securing speakers. We are seeking a wide variety of perspectives to ensure we are meeting the diverse needs of our membership.
Here are two more ways you can help:
- Suggest attractive venues where we can hold AFP Young Professionals events for low or no cost. This might be your own non-profit facility or perhaps the office of one of your volunteers or donors. Please remember to factor in affordable parking and handicapped accessibility.
- Suggest (and possibly help secure) an education sponsor to underwrite the cost of AFP workshops or luncheons (or series)
- Photographers wanted for our events too.
Partners in Philanthropy (PIP) Committee – Chair, Jennifer Ellspermann, email@example.com
The PIP Committee is responsible for raising funds through sponsorships from individuals or businesses interested in promoting their services through AFP advertising opportunities and events.
- Identify sponsorship prospects (e.g. vendors, foundations, and organizations) connected to AFP members
- Contact assigned sponsorship prospects to secure mutually beneficial sponsorships
- Maintain and update the PIP Sponsorship Tracking Document
- Follow through on payments received and benefits fulfilled
Ethics Committee – Chair, Mike Driebe, MSLM, CFRE, Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ethics Committee is responsible for the planning and execution of the annual Ethics Breakfast, scheduled for October 1, 2020 at The Cathedral. The committee will determine the program, panel or speaker and work to publicize this free event to the chapter’s members. In addition, the committee will develop an on-going ethics education program that will be a part of regular chapter communications.
- Event planning
- Speaker or Panel recruitment
- Event Publicity
- Development of regular Ethics Education Communication