Thursday, April 15, 2021
9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Members - Free!
Non-Members - $15
A link to view the webinar is included in your confirmation email.
Imagine yourself sitting in the sunlight. Your work for the day is done. Your volunteers are working on your event logistics for you. More volunteers are making sure that those thank you notes are printed, and they are entering donations into your database too. One of your volunteers comes around with some fresh baked cookies for you. You smile, take one, and get up to leave, promptly, at 5pm.
Wouldn’t you like to have a volunteer fundraising team like this? Are you fundraising professional as well as volunteer manager? Philanthropy 400 Report from Chronicle of Philanthropy states Young Adults are the Key to Fundraising. Volunteers give 10x more money than those who don’t volunteer. Volunteer retention increases with age HOWEVER 1 in 3 volunteers do not volunteer the next year. You can change this. You can find and retain fundraising volunteers.
Who should take this webinar? If you wear many hats, if you need help, if you’ve got too many fundraising tasks, you should take this webinar.In this webinar you will learn:
1. What are 5 fabulous sources of volunteers?
2. How to create a compelling volunteer job description that gets results?
3. How to identify which volunteers will help you fundraise?
4. What are example tasks that volunteers can perform?
5. How can you turn your board into fundraising superheroes?
6. What are the different kinds of volunteers and how can you reach them?
7. How do you deal with volunteer motivation when volunteers slack off?
8. How to get past the objection, “I don’t want to fundraise”?
9. How can you use volunteers for a successful phone-a-thon?
10. How can you retain volunteers?Presenter: Mazarine Treyz
Mazarine Treyz helps nonprofits grow better leaders. She is the author of The Wild Women’s Guide to Fundraising and CEO of Wild Women Fundraising, a national fundraising training company. Her organization runs two virtual conference per year, one on nonprofit leadership and one on fundraising careers. In addition, she trains people with webinars, in-person workshops and 10+ e-courses.
Her website is a popular resource with 50,000 monthly readers. Ms. Treyz has co-founded a nonprofit and worked in increasingly responsible fundraising roles for 10 years. She specializes in nonprofit leadership, fundraising careers, writing fundraising plans, direct mail, e-newsletters, and copy for online fundraising.
Each virtual webinar offers 1 CFRE continuing education point.