The Association of Fundraising Professionals Silicon Valley Chapter consists of over 300 members working to advance philanthropy through education, advocacy, research, and certification programs.
We are part of a larger, international organization, with over 30,000 members in over 230 chapters in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession.
AFP believes that to guarantee human freedom and social creativity, people must have the right to freely and voluntarily form organizations to meet perceived needs, advocate for causes, and seek funds to support these activities.
AFP Silicon Valley Chapter was chartered January 5, 1985. We have many outstanding opportunities for local fundraising professionals and the local non-profit community including:
- Monthly luncheon meetings featuring speakers. Meetings are generally held from 11:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Monthly AFP Silicon Valley E-Newsletter
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to list and review current Silicon Valley job postings
- Membership directory
- Philanthropy Day honoring local philanthropists and volunteers in November
- Local professional development opportunities
- Mentorship program
- Professional Development Scholarships
- Educational workshops (in-person and virtual)
AFP Silicon Valley Chapter is the premier source for Fundraising education, Professional Development opportunities and peer-to-peer networking in the Bay Area.