On June 18th, Giving USA will release its annual report on philanthropy, publishing in-depth research on the who, what, and where of giving in 2018. To mark the release, Campbell & Company will host events across the country, providing a platform for fundraising and nonprofit professionals to listen, network, and dive into the data.
Our DC VERGE event will pinpoint the biggest headlines of Giving USA 2018 in a short video, followed by a series of discussions focused on the future of philanthropy.
- Ric Edelman, Founder and Chairman, Financial Education and Client Experience, Edelman Financial Engines
- Patricia Funegra, Founder and CEO, La Cocina VA
- Dr. Madye Henson, President and CEO, Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers
- Bruce McNamer, President and CEO, Greater Washington Community Foundation
- Mark Moore, Co founder of the Mark and Brenda Moore Family Foundation
- Glen O'Gilvie, CAE, Chief Executive Officer, Center for Nonprofit Advancement
- Stacy Palmer, Editor, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Lidia Soto-Harmon, Chief Executive Officer, Girl Scouts Nation's Capital
- Mark Walsh, Angel and Venture Investor and Former Head of Innovation and Investment, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Jeff Wilklow, Vice President, Campbell & Company
- Christina Yoon, PhD, Vice President, Campbell & Company
Schedule will include:
- Registration, networking, and breakfast
- From AI to Nonprofit Mergers: What's Next for the Social Sector: A Talk by Mark Walsh
- Why You Need to Invest More in Leadership: A Fireside Chat with Ric Edelman
- From the Philanthropist's View: A Talk by Mark Moore
- Funders' perspective: a panel on sector challenges and opportunities with Dr. Madye Henson, Bruce McNamer, Mark Moore, and Stacy Palmer
- Nonprofit leaders' perspective: a panel on leadership development with Patricia Funegra, Glen O'Gilvie, Lidia Soto-Harmon, and Christina Yoon
- Audience Q&A
Attendance at this event is applicable for up to 3.5 CFRE continuing education points in category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Make sure to track the events you attend; you are responsible for submitting this information to CFRE for credit. As an Approved Provider, our events listed as qualifying for CFRE credits will already be accounted for by CFRE International, so no additional documentation should be required from us.
Space is limited. Register by Thursday, June 13th to reserve your spot!
VERGE 2019 is presented by Campbell & Company in partnership with AFP DC, Greater Washington Community Foundation, and media partner, The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
AFP DC members receive a discounted registration price!