The Association of Fundraising Professionals, West Florida Chapter proudly announced recipients of the 2020 National Philanthropy Day awards during its virtual celebration.
- Melissa Stephany Johnson was named the 2020 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year. This award is for individuals with a proven track record of ongoing, significant time and commitment for one or more organizations.
- The Faith Health Network of Baptist Health Care was named the 2020 Outstanding Faith-Based Organization of the Year. This award is for an organization that gives of itself to motivate and support its members’ service-related efforts and exhibits above-and-beyond qualities of service and giving.
- The Birthday Party was named the 2020 Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year. This award recognizes a community-based organization that is not otherwise connected to a foundation or business, whose grant programs, donations and charitable activities significantly enrich the community.
- Coastal Moving and Storage was named the 2020 Philanthropic Business of the Year. This award honors a corporation or business in Northwest Florida that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support, encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement.
- Ora Wills was named the 2020 Philanthropist of the Year. This award recognizes exceptional generosity and civic responsibility demonstrated by significant financial contributions to charitable organizations in the community.
National Philanthropy Day is an annual event designed to celebrate and highlight the accomplishments of giving, volunteering, and charitable engagement within our community.