Zoom Webinar: “What Happens After You Submit Your Grant Proposal?”

When:  Mar 5, 2021 from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM (HAST)
Associated with  AFP HI, Aloha Chapter

A Behind the Scenes Look at the Grantmaking Process
Presented by Larissa Kick, Program Director, Hawai‘i Community Foundation

You know that feeling on grant deadline day, when you finally push the submit button or deliver it to the post office, and you say goodbye to your mission-critical grant proposal as it disappears…vanishing for weeks, sometimes months, sometimes forever…as you wait to find out whether it’s going to be funded or not. 

That time between "submit" on one side…and "notification" on the other…is where all the work goes on for the grantmaking team—the program officer, reviewers, decision-makers. That’s where everything happens to decide which proposals are awarded…and which aren’t. 

In this eye-opening session, you’ll join Larissa Kick, Program Director at Hawai‘i Community Foundation, for a unique journey into the heart of the grantmaking as we venture into the grantmaking funding process. Together we’ll take a high-level flyover of some recent grantmaking rounds as well as available grant opportunities with HCF. Larissa will give you a rare insider’s view of the grant making process, and will end the session with time for.

Our Presenter:

Larissa Kick

Larissa Kick is a Program Director within the Community Grants and Initiatives department at the Hawai‘i Community Foundation (HCF). At HCF for 9 years, she started as a program officer helping to guide grant applicants, review grant proposals, and manage grant performance. As a program director, she is responsible for several multi-year and multi-million dollar grant programs at HCF, including community programs of the Hawai‘i Tobacco Prevention and Control Trust Fund and the Community Restoration Partnership grant program. Most recently, she helped to lead the grantmaking for HCF’s Hawai‘i Resilience Fund, which helped provide immediate grants to nonprofit organizations to assist with the pandemic.

Fees:
$15 - AFP/HANO Members
$20 - Non-Members

Registration due by Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 5pm (HST).  

Online Instructions:
Url: http://www.cvent.com/d/gjqq3p
Login: Prior to the event date, you will receive an email containing information about joining the webinar.

Contact

AFP Aloha Chapter
808-527-2426
office@afphawaii.org