Join us in May for Fundraising 101!
This event will take place in three sessions:
Friday, May 7 – 8AM to Noon
Friday, May 14 – 8AM to Noon
Friday, May 21 – 8AM to Noon
Click HERE to see the detailed class schedule for each of the sessions
Your board, CEO, and the community demand that you are on the cutting-edge of fundraising trends. This opportunity is brought to you by the only organization in town devoted solely to bettering our fundraising practices—AFPKC.
Learn from expert faculty on a variety of topics including:
- What it means to be a development professional.
- How to put together a successful development plan.
- How to secure and upgrade annual and major donors.
- Tips on working with trustees, volunteers and CEOs.
- The basics of obtaining grant support from foundations, corporations, and government sources.
- How to conduct prospect research.
- How to manage a planned giving program.
- Creating a marketing and social media plan to increase donations.
- How to effectively steward donors and report on outcomes.
- Tips on operating a successful development office.
Who should attend?
- Fundraisers new to the development field.
- Seasoned development professionals seeking a refresher course in fundraising techniques and skills.
- Volunteers, board members, or anyone seeking a greater understanding of the development function as it relates to the organization’s overall strategic plan, and of their own key role in the development process.
CFRE Credits: 12 total (May 7 - 4, May 14 - 4, May 21 - 4)
Early Bird through March 31
AFP Members: $ 99
April 1 and beyond:
AFP Members: $119
The faculty consists of nine fundraising professionals who volunteer their time for this important program. They have experience in large and small, local, national, and international organizations.
(Click on the faculty member’s name to access his or her bio.)
Rita M. Cortes, Executive Director, Menorah Heritage Foundation
Marie Dispenza, Director of Major Gifts, School of Law, UMKC Foundation
David Fulk, Director of Philanthropic Giving, KCUR
Lauren Mattleman Hoopes, Executive Director, Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Kansas City
Jane Lampo, Vice President of Philanthropy and Alumni Relations,
Kansas City University
Katie Lord, Vice President of Nonprofit Development, Proof Positioning
Merritt Neil, President, M&C
Allison Rickels, CFRE, Executive Director & CEO, The FarmHouse Foundation
Marissa Todd, Development Director, Operations, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art