Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc.
PHILANTHROPY DIRECTOR - POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is seeking a fulltime Philanthropy Director to be responsible for developing and leading the organization’s strategic fund development program to support the mission. The Philanthropy Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and volunteer committees to reach the fundraising goals set in the annual budget.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
• Passionate for the mission of Kids Cancer Alliance
• Minimum of 2-5 years non-profit fundraising experience including face-to-face solicitation, grant writing, and fundraising events.
• Proven track record of closing fundraising gifts
• Proven relationship building skills: individual, corporate and foundation
• Comfort with public speaking
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Leadership skills and ability to function both independently and as part of a team
• Organized, detailed oriented, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors
• Experience supervising direct reports
• Legible handwriting for personal, handwritten thank you notes
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
• Flexible schedule, as some evenings and weekend work is required
• Authorized to work in the U.S. and must consent to and pass national background check
• Requires valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
The primary focus of the Philanthropy Director position provides leadership, structure, strategic direction, management and overall coordination of the advancement efforts for Kids Cancer Alliance that include, but are not limited to annual giving, major gifts, planned gifts, special events, corporate giving and grants; as well as any special fund-raising projects or capital campaigns. The Philanthropy Director creates and maintains consistent compelling opportunities for donors and qualified donor prospects to financially support the mission of Kids Cancer Alliance, providing stewardship of all giving to ensure a satisfying and rewarding experience for all donors. This position reports to and is supervised by the Executive Director.
Please see attachment for full description of the position.
Interested and qualified candidates should email cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and a minimum of 2 professional references to: Shelby@kidscanceralliance.org, include “Philanthropy Director Position” in the subject line.
DEADLINE to apply is March 22nd, 2019.
Beginning with our first oncology camp in 1981, thousands of brave and amazing kids have found a reprieve from fighting cancer and a powerful alliance of support at Kids Cancer Alliance.
Over the years, we've expanded and created new programs to meet the needs of the families we serve. We provide sibling and family programs, in-hospital and financial support, quarterly events and more. And thanks to our donors and volunteers, it's all still absolutely free for everyone.
All of our programs are designed to achieve our mission of enhancing the quality of life for children with cancer and their families. Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
To learn more about Kids Cancer Alliance, visit www.kidscanceralliance.org and our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KidsCancerAlliance
Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer