The AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising course is a 2-day course providing a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The course is taught in an active learning style and includes case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the essential components of an integrated development plan.
- Explain the elements of a marketing and communications plan that shares the organization’s message, informs constituents, and engages donors.
- Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
- Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
- Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
- Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
Who should take this course?
* executive directors;
* vice presidents of development;
* program managers;
* marketing staff;
* special event coordinators; and
* leadership volunteers for local nonprofits and foundations.
Full participation in the AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course is applicable for 16.0 points of CFRE.
Leadership Montgomery's Leadership Hub
6010 Executive Blvd, Suite 200
Rockville, MD 20852
January 16 & 17, 2020
January 16- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
January 17- 9:00 AM-3:30 PM
The course is seven modules offered over two days; participants must attend both dates to complete the course.
AFP Members: $390 | Non-Members: $490
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COURSE FACILITATORS- Fundamental_of_Fundraising_Facilitator_Bios.pdf