Please join us for a virtual networking happy hour, with a relaxing twist! During this event, we will be joined by Myoshin Kelley, senior instructor at Tergar International, an organization that provides meditation training and support for people learning to calm their minds and cultivate well-being. Myoshin has been teaching meditation for over 25 years and currently leads workshops and retreats in the US and worldwide for the Tergar Meditation Community. She will discuss the benefits of daily meditation, answer questions, and lead us in a short meditation.
During the second half of the event, we will separate into breakout rooms to network. Our networking sessions are casual and offer fundraisers an opportunity to meet and catch up. Do you have a partner, children, roommates, or pets who may come in and out of the screen during this call? No problem! We want as many people as possible to join in, so please know that it will be family-friendly. Below is a short agenda for the event:
We are also recommending that everyone choose a background image that makes you feel relaxed (for example, an image of your favorite beach, a place you like to take walks, etc.) and use it during the meeting!
- Welcome and introduction of Myoshin Kelley (1 minute)
- Overview of Tergar International, benefits of daily meditation, and Q&A (10 minutes)
- Meditation activity (15 minutes)
- Networking time (25 minutes)
- Close (1 minute)
Below are instructions to change your background for a Zoom meeting:
Please know that some older devices don’t have the capability to support a background.
- Download a background (you can search for a background on Google, for example "beach zoom background" for free options!) and save it to your computer or mobile device.
- Once you are in the Zoom meeting, click on the “up” (^) arrow next to the Video icon in the bottom menu bar and select “Choose Virtual Background.”
- Press the small plus (+) sign and select “Add image.”
- Select the background that you saved to your device.
- Click the exit (X) button to return back to the meeting.
If you select a background and it isn’t showing up correctly, it is likely an issue with your device, not with your execution of the steps. Don’t worry, everyone will be welcome at the happy hour and encouraged to talk about the background they chose, even if you aren’t able to set up a background!
For further instructions on setting up your virtual background, see Zoom’s official guidelines
We hope to see you there!This event is free for AFP Members and Non-Members but registration is required.SpeakerMyoshin Kelley
(more about Myoshin
Senior Instructor, Tergar InternationalHostsAlexandria Armstrong
Detroit Institute of ArtsChair, AFP GDC Membership CommitteeMichele Hines
Walsh CollegeVice Chair, AFP GDC Membership CommitteeThis event is free for AFP members and non-members but registration is required.REGISTER HERERegistration closes at 12:00 PM on May 18.