According to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), of the nearly 30,000 registered fundraisers, only 11% identify as non-white. This has created both overt and covert challenges when working to raise funds. Join us for a candid conversation on race and fundraising. Hear colleagues share their experiences as fundraisers of color from various backgrounds and career levels. Program Outcomes:
- Increase awareness of the intersecting issues that impact successful fundraising among fundraising professionals of color.
- Increase awareness for the need to recruit fundraisers of color who can relate to diverse donor populations.
- Highlight best practices for moving towards a more inclusive professional organization.
- Recommend ways that leadership can create inclusive and diverse organizations.
- Understand ways each role within an organization can work towards a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
(more about Ashley
Program Development Manager, Atlantic ImpactCarmen Garcia
(more about Carmen
Associate Director of Philanthropy, Wayne State University and WDET Kerrie Mitchell
(more about Kerrie
Vice President of Marketing and Fund Development, Matrix Human ServicesTerrel White
(more about Terrel
Individual Giving Officer, Wayne State University College of NursingModerator:Sommer Brock, CFRE
(more about Sommer
AFP-GDC President- Elect
This program is part of AFP GDC's IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access) event series consisting of three events being held in August, September, and October. Be sure to check out our October IDEA program That’s a Good IDEA: Creating Safe Spaces that are Inclusive, Diverse, Equitable, and Accessible in the Workplace. This program is FREE and open to members and nonmembers, alike. Registration is required and login details will be sent upon registration.
Approved CFRE credit hours: 1.5REGISTER HERE