Join three of Northeast Ohio’s fundraising leaders for a discussion on leadership and management in the nonprofit sector.
Learning objectives include:
- An understanding of how to foster and support a culture of philanthropy across an organization.
- Ensuring sound administrative and management policies and procedures to support fundraising functions.
- How to integrate an organization’s strategic planning process in order to ensure the integration of fundraising and philanthropy.
- The importance of fundraising plans and budgets in order to support an organization’s strategic goals.
- John LaGuardia, MA | Senior Director, Special Projects and Retired VP of Development Akron Children’s Hospital
John is the former Vice President of Development and Executive Director of the Foundation at Akron Children's Hospital. Retiring in 2019, his career has included oversight of three capital campaigns, generating $1.2 million in funds. He set record levels of institutional funding during his time at The University of Akron from 2001-2014, including a high of $52.8 million in 2012. John has sustained vital relationships with federal, state, county, and city government and legislative figures and managed large teams of staff to support hospitals and universities. His leadership and success have been recognized by Archbishop Hoban High School, the Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau, and several others.
- Pat Roberts, MA | Vice President for Advancement, Malone University
Pat joined the Malone Community in 2015 and was promoted to Vice President for Advancement in 2020. He has more than 30 years of experience in higher education fundraising and has throughout his career worked as a major gifts officer, director of alumni relations, annual fund director, and vice president.
Prior to his appointment at Malone, Pat served as Vice President for Development at Hiram College for eight years where he led the institution to successfully complete two campaigns, grew the annual fund from $1.7 annually to $2.6 annually in five years, and grew alumni events from 22 to 66 in less than five years. Throughout his career, Pat has served in positions of increasing responsibility in fundraising at Archbishop Hoban High School, the University of Akron, and Cleveland State University.
Pat earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a master’s degree in Public Administration, and a doctorate in Urban Studies and Public Affairs from the University of Akron. He and his wife, Nancy, have three children and reside in Akron.
- Kaye Ridolfi, MA | Senior Vice President, Advancement at Cleveland Foundation
As Senior Vice President of Advancement, Kaye Ridolfi has direct responsibility for all of the foundation’s fundraising activities. As such, she leads the 18-member Advancement staff, with backgrounds in estate law, banking, wealth management, accounting, and nonprofit leadership. This team of seasoned professionals works in charitable gift planning, donor relations, and donor communications, to bring new donors into the foundation and then steward these donors on an ongoing basis as they strive to achieve their philanthropic goals. Kaye is a member of the Cleveland Foundation’s Executive Committee. Kaye joined the foundation in 2011; she entered the development field in 1990.
1 CFRE Credit Pending