Director of Annual Giving - Deborah Hospital Foundation
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer the Director of Annual Giving has overall responsibility for the coordination and administration of all Annual Fund fundraising activities.
This individual will be responsible for managing and growing a vibrant Annual Fund through a very successful direct-mail program while having an active and vital role in all levels of solicitation of annual gifts. This position will require working closely with our experienced Development Team as well as Hospital Departments and Administration.
The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of non-profit experience in a professional fund-raising environment (healthcare preferred), and have the ability to work effectively with internal staff, outside organizations and community partners. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, especially writing, with an ability to visualize, strategize, prioritize, delegate and manage to successful outcomes. He/she will be detail oriented and highly organized, with a high degree of dedication, personal integrity and sound judgment. Solid project management skills and an ability to respond effectively to changing circumstances is an absolute necessity for this position. Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software and social media applications is preferred.
As a key member of the Foundation team, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible to manage and expand a successful and cohesive annual fundraising program and increase annual gifts through letter writing, publications, social networking messaging, etc. Conduct annual fundraising programs including, but not limited to, managing a targeted, multi-approach direct mail program, a social media program, digital media projects, coordinating fundraising efforts with other departments, and maximizing matching gifts.
The position is responsible for managing the Database Coordinator whose primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database, overseeing data input & output, and end-user training and support.
- Previous healthcare and/or development experience required
- Advanced degree or CRFE certificate a plus
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated skill with database management
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior writing skills and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to conduct online research
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to coordinate professionals
- Willingness and ability to travel and participate in evening and weekend events as requested.
- 2 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge Database preferred
Education: Bachelors degree and 3-5 years development experience, preferred in a healthcare or non-profit environment. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge database best practice techniques required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to handle confidential donor information with sensitivity, integrity and accuracy
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in accordance with supervisory input
- Ability to interpret and evaluate policy and procedural requirements and produce and analyze data
- Strong communication skills
- Preferred: 4+years of general database experience
Bi-Weekly Hours: 80
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30a - 5p