Message from our President

Susan Simons, AFP-NM President

Susan_photo.jpg

Happy New Year to All!
I am excited to start the year with such a great and engaged Board of Directors. We have lots of things planned and new partnerships for this year. We are working with Center for Non-Profit Excellence to ensure that many of their workshops are CFRE certified, and are seeking new and relevant speakers at our luncheons and many other opportunities for learning and engagement.

One of the benefits of AFP-NM membership is that you may bring a guest, for free, to one of our regular luncheons each year. This is a great opportunity to invite a colleague, board member or donor to hear a topic relevant to your work. Email us at staff@afp-nm.org to let us know if you plan to bring a guest to a meeting.
As the federal government shutdown continues, it will create an extra need in many of our social services and the organizations that support them. We all work for the betterment of our community and the ripples will affect us all. We are in this together. The community of AFP is here to help in any way we can.
Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or ideas as we move through the year. I look forward to meeting you all.
Susan Simons, MNM, CFRE