Social Change Philanthropy: Learning the Rules to Break Them
With Cathy Mann, MA, CFRE,
President, The Fundraising Lab
Virtual Online Session
Thursday, May 13, 2021
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
AFP Member Price - $15*
Non-Member Price - $20
*Member price extended to CAGP members.
You’re working to create a better world. And traditional fundraising works for simpler issues to longstanding problems. But for non-profits that work on the front lines of some of our biggest societal issues, it’s not so simple.
Herein lies the work of Social Change Philanthropy.
Join Cathy Mann, MA, CFRE, as she talks about the work of social change philanthropy and how to raise funds in complex environments. With more than 30 years working in the charitable sector, Cathy has served in multiple organizations both as a fundraising professional, consultant and teacher…and she has seen it all.
In the session, you will learn:
- What is Social Change Philanthropy and how it differs from traditional philanthropy
- How this change will help solve our most pressing societal issues
- How to engage donors to see the value in investing in complex mandates
This session is all about shifting the status quo. And if you’re ready, join Cathy.
Strategic, action-oriented and award-winning. Cathy has a wealth of experience in the charitable sector spanning more than two and a half decades. And what’s great about Cathy – she’s hands on. It’s in her DNA to help people and she’s never happier than working with clients to help them achieve measurable and sustainable results.
Here are some of her awards:
• 2018 Outstanding Fundraising Professional by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Toronto Chapter
• Excellence in scholarship by Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
• Excellence in Fundraising in Small Shops Award from the International Association of Fundraising Professionals representing 30,000+ fundraisers from 7 countries
As a seasoned fundraising professional and former teacher and Academic Coordinator of Ryerson University’s Fundraising Management Certificate program, Cathy has not only influenced the profession, she has influenced the professionals in Toronto and across Canada. With her collective experience, Cathy offers a breadth and depth of solutions to her clients rarely seen in the fundraising community.