Policy#1-2008 – Chapter Dues Assistance – It has been the tradition of the AFP Mahoning-Shenango Chapter to assist in the payment of membership dues. The purpose of this assistance is to enable persons who are volunteers, in part-time positions, self-employed or employed as fundraisers by smaller agencies to participate in the benefits of membership in AFP. The dues assistance shall be granted according to the following:
- New members will qualify for this assistance as well as current members who are currently serving on a committee or on the board. New members will be expected to serve on a committee.
- Applications shall be made in writing
- Priority consideration shall be given to members whose agencies cannot or do not assist with the payment of AFP
- The amount of subsidy will be no greater than 50% of National Membership dues.
- Dues assistance will only be considered for Professional, Young Professional, Associate, and Retired Collegiate and Global e-membership levels are specifically excluded.
- All dues assistance checks will be made payable to AFP unless proof of payment is included in the request.
- Each application will be judged on its own merit. Scholarship committee decisions are final.