The AFP Eastern PA Chapter is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting presenter proposals for our upcoming 2021 educational programing.
We are seeking industry professionals to present their ideas, knowledge, and expertise virtually until the COVID-19 conditions are safe for in person gathering. Tracks will include monthly workshop sessions and keynote speakers for Lehigh Valley Philanthropy Institute. Sessions will be scheduled from May through December 2021.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES:
- Completed Proposals Due: March 31, 2021
- AFP will notify all presenters that submit proposals by April 23, 2021
- Speaker Acceptance Confirmation due April 30, 2021
- Lehigh Valley Philanthropy Institute Keynote Speaker: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 (to be held virtually with potential for hybrid event opportunities to be evaluated as the COVID-19 situation evolves).
Proposal Submission & Content Guidelines:
- Questions and completed proposals must be submitted via e-mail by March 31st, 2021 to: Sandra Bieber, Executive Director: Director@afpglv.org
- Presentations must be 45- 50 minutes of education content and allow 10-15 minutes for attendee interaction and Q&A.
- Presentations must target specific audiences across all career levels. Education tracks defined as:
- Fundamental: Fundraising professionals with 1-3 years of experience
- Intermediate: Fundraising professionals with 4-7 years of experience
- Advanced: Fundraising professionals with 8 plus years of experience
- Keynote Speaker Proposals must include a sample of the proposed presentation or other presentations, webinars etc.
- Consultants are encouraged to co-present with a professional from the nonprofit sector.
- Material must be presented virtually via our AFP Chapter ZOOM platform to be provided by AFP chapter.
Proposal Selection Criteria: Proposals will be selected by AFP EPA on recommendations from a volunteer advisory committee that will review all completed proposals submitted by March 30, 2021 taking the following criteria into consideration:
- Originality and relevance to the fundraising profession
- New approaches to current and emerging issues
- Significance and depth of content
- Demonstrated knowledge and overall expertise of contributor
- Diversity of contributor/s background, experiences, perspective and ideas.
Selected Presenter Details:
- AFP will send an acceptance e-mail on April 23, 2021.
- Presenters must confirm acceptance, schedule a mutually agreed upon presentation date between May and December 2021, and provide their headshot photo by April 30, 2021.
Please submit all proposals to Sandra Bieber, Executive Director: Director@afpglv.org
- Presenters will be assigned a room host to introduce them, read a short bio and assist with any special requests such as break out rooms, Q&A, moderating, polls etc.
- Presenters will be provided ZOOM login details one week prior to their session date along with contact information for their room host.
- Presenters are required to log into ZOOM 15 minutes prior to their session start time to test audio and visual.
- Presenters are expected to promote their session on LinkedIn and other social media platforms with the event registration link (to be provided by AFP).
- Presenters must provide presentation slides and handouts at least 3 weeks in advance of their confirmed session date.