January 16, 2020
Sometimes deciding where to spend your organization's professional development dollars can be hard - there are SO MANY options out there! However, we're admittedly biased, but we know that AFP is a great "bang for the buck" place to invest your professional development dollars. So today, we're sharing our top 8 reasons WHY we think that AFP is the professional organization of your dreams, and is absolutely worth your professional development dollars!
1. Networking: Being a fundraiser can be lonely. Your friends and family may not understand what you do.
Your local chapter of AFP gives you monthly opportunities to meet other people who understand your work,
who can provide advice and support.
2. We’re also a place to learn: we have monthly trainings on a wide range of subjects, suggested by our members.
3. We have an annual all-day Symposium: where we bring in a nationally renowned speaker.
4. We also have National Philanthropy Day: a time to celebrate with our donors and volunteers,
and our annual holiday party to have fun!
5. Access: As a member, you’ll have access to a ton of information, such as our annual salary info,
including both compensation and benefits.
6. The Fundraising Effectiveness Project: You can also use AFP software to run 100 reports on your database,
so you can have information on everything from your rate of growth in giving to your attrition rate.
7. Blog: There’s a daily blog to ask questions of fundraising professionals worldwide,
and a monthly magazine filled with interesting and relevant articles.
8. Saves you Time and Money: There are also templates you can use for your own organization,
whether it’s a donor privacy statement or a budget worksheet. Saving you time is saving your organization money.
If you haven’t looked at becoming a member in the past year, there are exciting new developments:
1. One is AFP 360°. It’s a partnership with recruiting firm Korn Ferry to help you in guiding your career and includes a way to use artificial intelligence to practice your speaking skills for everything from a tough donor visit to a tough conversation with a colleague.
2. There’s also a new partnership with AAUW – The American Association of University Women, to help you learn negotiating skills, particularly around your salary, but also helpful in negotiating a major gift with a donor.
Of course, being a member gets you discounts on LOTS of things, including: monthly trainings, the annual Symposium, the AFP ICON International Conference, taking the CFRE exams, and more. We’ve posted almost all our trainings for this year on our website at www.afpsbv.org
. You can see now how many you’d like to attend and decide whether becoming a member now will save you money on trainings throughout the year.We look forward to welcoming YOU as our newest member!
For more information on membership, go to https://community.afpglobal.org/afpsbv/aboutus/join689685.
For information on scholarships to reduce the cost of membership or trainings, go to https://community.afpglobal.org/afpsbv/career/scholarships.