February 2019 Education Meeting

When:  Feb 20, 2019 from 03:30 PM to 05:00 PM (PT)
Associated with  AFP NV, Sierra Chapter

February 2019 

PM Fundraising Snack & Learn Meeting

Topic: To CFRE or Not To CFRE That is the Question:

A Panel Discussion featuring Chris Askin, CFRE, Marie Baxter, CFRE, Melissa Davis, CFRE, Joan Griswold, CFRE, and Karen Senger, CFRE. Moderated by Joel Muller, CFRE.

What is the CFRE? How do I even start the process? What are the requirements? How long do I have to study for the test? Can I take the test without studying? What will earning the CFRE do for my career?

If any of these questions piqued your interest join us for the AFP Sierra Chapter February program at the AFP Sierra NV Chapter PM Fundraising Snack & Learn meeting. The panel of Certified Fund Raising Executives (CFRE) will fill you in on everything you need to know to decide if pursuing certification is right for you!

Our panelists have a vast range of experience from 23+ years of certification (We're looking at you, Chris Askin! Incredible dedication to our profession) to those CFRE's that have recently certified. They've all had different experiences with the process and will share their insights. 

If you've ever even considered CFRE certification, you won't want to miss this discussion!

Please note when you register you can submit your question for the panel to answer.

When: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m..

Where: Famous Dave's, 4925 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV 89509 

Distinguished Panelists 

Chris Askin, CFRE, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Western Nevada

Marie Baxter, CFRE, Chief Executive Officer, Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada

Melissa Davis, CFRE, Development Manager, Veterans Guest House

Joan Griswold, CFRE, Corporate Development Officer, Food Bank of Northern Nevada

Karen Senger, CFRE, Development Director, Sierra Nevada Journeys

Moderator Extraordinaire: Joel Muller, CFRE- Financial Advisor, Edward Jones

Price:  $18 members, $28 non-members (price includes lunch).

Registration is due by Friday, February 15, 2019.  

If you need to cancel your registration, please email us at afpsierrachapter@gmail.com before 10 am on Tuesday, February 19. You will be billed for registrations that are not canceled by that time.