Let’s go on vacation! These last few months have been extremely challenging with popup home offices, home schooling kids and figuring out how the heck to keep raising much needed funds for our causes. Well, we’re headed to Paradise Island, virtually that is, for a little fun.
Join us Wednesday, Aug. 12, 4:30 p.m to 6:00 pm., for AFP Sierra Chapter’s Paradise Island Getaway Mixer. Join when you can. Stay as long as you want. We’ve lined up fun activities, and we’ll spend some time in small breakout groups getting to know each other better. This is for members and non-members, and you’re encouraged to invite your fundraising friends.
Register for free here to attend and check out the party favors below to get you in the vacay spirit. A Zoom link will be emailed to all registrants a day or two before the Mixer.
Can’t wait to see you on Paradise Island!
Paradise Island Party Favors
- Signature Cocktail Recipe: Bring your favorite beverage or make this Paradise
Island Rum Punch:
1. In a pitcher, mix the following (you can half the recipe):
* 4 ½ cups pineapple juice
* 1 ½ cups orange juice
* 1 cup peach mango juice
* 2 cups white rum
* 3 tablespoons grenadine
2. Pour over ice in a glass and top with pineapple chucks and cherries, if desired.
3. Don’t like rum or want a non-alcoholic version? Replace the rum with
vodka, champagne, 7-Up or ginger ale.
4. Store any leftover punch in the refrigerator to enjoy a day or two later. Yum!
- Zoom Background: Click here and here for free, melt-your-stresses-away images you can use as backgrounds.
- Attire: Dress is up to you, but feel free to dig out that lei, big-flowered shirt, straw hat or grass skirt to wear.