Building Your Career Roadmap
Wednesday, September 15th
9:30 am - 4 pm
Nugget Casino Resort
Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members
Workshop includes morning coffee and lunch buffet
You spoke, and we listened! Career development is a top interest of fundraising professionals, so we've lined up a day of sessions to help you move forward on your professional journey.
- Not sure how to achieve your career goals?
- Wondering if a CFRE will help?
- Feeling undervalued in your workplace?
- Sensing your colleagues don’t really know what you do and why it matters?
- Are you a veteran who has insights to share?
If you said YES to any of those, this is the program for you! This event is designed to energize your career and help you navigate barriers to your personal success. Bring your boss, bring your board chair, bring your HR manager – we want this day to transform how you approach your professional growth. A day to invest in YOU – you’re worth it!
9:30 a.m. Check-in and coffee
9:50 a.m. Welcome
10:00 a.m. Live Webinar: Game Face: How to Interview Authentically and Get the Role (or Candidate) You Want
- Presenter: Kishshana Palmer is an international speaker, trainer, and coach with an 18-year background in fundraising, marketing, and talent management. She is the founder of The Rooted Collaborative -- a global online community for Women of Color in Fundraising. She's the author of "Hey, I'm New Here", the host of the podcast Take it Offline, an adjunct professor at Baruch College, a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), a BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer (CGT), and an AFP Master Trainer.
11:00 a.m. Break
11:15 a.m. How We’ll Make the Most of What We Learned
(Kris Kirkpatrick, The Nature Conservancy, Nevada)
11:30 a.m. Southwest Lunch Buffet
12:15 p.m. Panel Discussion – A Look Behind the Curtain
- What Executive Directors are Looking for from Fundraising Staff
- Matches Made in Heaven – Is Yours?
- What the CFRE Can Do to Enhance Your Candidacy
- The successful Executive Director/Development Director Partnership – The Art AND the Science
1:30 p.m. Break
1:45 p.m. A Deeper Dive with the Panelists
- Share your experiences (frustrations, successes, barriers) in small groups
3:00 p.m. Networking Mixer downstairs
All sessions take place in Cascade 3 Meeting Room, which is easily accessed from the Nugget parking garage. From parking garage 2nd floor, take the skywalk into the building, then past the arcade, through the glass doors and into the hotel area. Cascade 3 is next to the restrooms.
If you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so no later then 12 noon on Wednesday, September 8th for a refund. No refunds will be provided after that time and date.