AFP Saskatoon Chapter is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program for the annual International Fundraising Conference. This program is designed to help individuals serving non-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising.
The AFP Chamberlain Scholarship will cover the registration fee for the AFP 57th International Fundraising Conference in Baltimore, MD March 29- 31, 2020. The successful applicant or their agency/organization will be responsible for their airfare and accommodation to attend the conference in March 2020. The successful applicant will be notified prior to the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Friday November 15, 2019 where the Chamberlain Scholarship Award will be presented.
Chapters will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy and may be supplemented by criteria set by the local AFP chapter:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless a member of the Conference Host Committee).
- Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee and attend an AFP Saskatoon Chapter meeting to share his/her learning experiences at the Conference.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
- The Chamberlain Scholar announcement will be made at the 19th Annual National Philanthropy Day Luncheon. The Scholar will be introduced at the event.
The Saskatoon Chapter invites members and non-members to apply.
Application Deadline is: Friday October 25, 2019
Chamberlain Scholarship Application Form
If you have any question, please contact:
National Philanthropy Day Committee Awards Co-Chair
Past Chamberlain Scholarship Recipients
2007 Arla Gustafson - Royal University Hospital Foundation
2008 Sondra Fawcett - Saskatchewan Association of Community Living
2009 Carla Loney-Tindall - The Children's Wish Foundation
2010 Jen Pederson, CFRE - Canadian Red Cross
2011 Genine Neufeld - YWCA Saskatoon
2012 Faith Rowland - Canadian Diabetes Association
2013 James Perkins, CFRE - United Way of Saskatoon & Area
2014 Shirley Zhou, CFRE - University of Saskatchewan
2015 Maggie Lens - MS Society of Canada - Saskatchewan Division
2016 Namarta Kochar - University of Saskatchewan
2017 Renata Huyghebaert – The Lung Association
2018 Catherine Lunn – The Children’s Wish Foundation