Association of Fundraising Professionals - Saskatoon Chapter
19th Annual National Philanthropy Day
Outstanding Professional Fundraiser Award - Nominations now opening
This award recognizes the exceptional contribution of a fundraising professional working in or for the charitable sector. The recipient demonstrates high ethical fundraising standards and a commitment to meeting community needs.
Nominations are open to professional fundraisers in the Saskatoon area with at least 10 years of professional fundraising experience. The recipient will be determined by the AFP Saskatoon Chapter Board of Directors. If an appropriate candidate/recipient is not determined, the award will not be presented for that year.
The successful recipient will receive the award at the annual AFP National Philanthropy Day Celebration Luncheon on November 15, 2019.
The award recipient will be a fundraising professional who is a member of AFP and who demonstrates excellence in:
0-25 Successful fundraising as illustrated by:
- Improved fundraising infrastructure e.g.: increased funds raised, increased donor base, expanded partnership base, reduced fundraising costs
- Development of new, effective and creative fundraising programs or strategies
- Significant positive impact of the funds in the community
0-15 Professional integrity and ethics by providing evidence of:
0-35 Commitment to the profession as shown by:
- Being a member in good standing, or representative of a member firm in good standing of Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Presenting the profession to other professionals and the community
- Improving the level of professionalism in his/her organization, association and community
- Active participation in professional development, including certification (CFRE/ACFRE), conference participation, publication and professional education, and contributions to a professional association such as holding office.
- Voluntary service and financial support of non-profit organizations
0-25 Leadership as demonstrated by:
- Exemplifying recognized leadership traits with peer respect and dignity
- Working for the benefit and advancement of his/her staff associates and volunteers
- Demonstration of mentorship of staff, volunteers or peers
100 points maximum
- Complete nomination form available at afpnet.org.
- Nomination may be made by an individual AFP member, an AFP Chapter, or a community member or agency who is not a member of AFP.
- Specify and address each criterion listed on the application form. The entry will be judged on all criteria.
- Supporting documents (if the nominators wish to provide) should enhance, rather than replace the narrative.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from each of:
- ED/CEO or Board Chair or other professional reference
- Someone impacted by the nominee’s work e.g. volunteer, community member
- Email nomination form, along with a copy of any support documents and two reference letters.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, September 20, 2019 (now closed)
Please send completed form to:
National Philanthropy Day Committee Awards Co-Chair