Canada is often touted as a country built on diversity, tolerance and inclusion. What does that look like when it comes to the charitable sector? What are the main challenges and opportunities when working across your charity to develop an inclusive fundraising program? Where do you begin? What is working? What isn't going so well?
After this interactive session participants will be able to:
· Understand the similarities and differences between "diversity," "inclusion," and "equity."
· Appreciate how demographic changes are influencing charities to become more inclusive.
· Recall the different ways "emerging" philanthropic groups are giving and volunteering.
· Assess your charity's readiness to apply strategies and techniques that can support diversity and inclusion effectively.
· Begin building new relationships with diverse communities who should (and do) care about the mission of your organization.