Nominations have now closed.
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, the Association of Fundraising Professionals South Saskatchewan Chapter will hold its 18th annual National Philanthropy Day (NPD) Awards Luncheon at the Conexus Arts Centre.
Do you know someone in southern Saskatchewan who has gone above and beyond in the philanthropy, fund-raising or planned giving sectors? Nominate them for our 2019 National Philanthropy Day Awards. The categories are:Outstanding Youth Philanthropist
- Recognizes volunteerism and leadership on the part of children and youth in our community. As part of fostering coming generations of volunteers, donors, and professionals in the voluntary sector, this award recognizes the efforts of youth ages 24 and under involved in philanthropic activities.Outstanding Individual Volunteer
- Honours an individual age 25 years+ who demonstrates outstanding skills in coordinating and motivating donors and volunteers towards philanthropy for the benefit of charitable institutions or a special project. The recipient will have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in coordinating donors and volunteers for projects and/or non-profit organizations.Outstanding Community Group
- Honours a community or group of volunteers who demonstrate outstanding skills in coordinating and motivating donors and volunteers for fundraising projects for the benefit of charitable institutions. The recipient group will have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in coordinating donors and volunteers for major fundraising projects and non-profit organizations.Outstanding Corporate Philanthropist
- Honours a corporation or its corporate foundation for demonstrating outstanding commitment through support, encouragement, and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement. Nominees in this category must be registered businesses or corporations. The deadline for award nominations was October 8th, 2019.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by contacting Ticia Heward at (306) 541-4653.
By making this nomination, you grant AFP South Saskatchewan the right to share submitted images on their website and social media channels to help promote the event.Nomination Guidelines
- remember to highlight all the philanthropic work you want the nominee to be recognized for.
- select one (1) category you would like to nominate a recipient for.
- although nominations may be received in multiple categories, individuals/organizations shall be recognized in a maximum of one (1) category.
- recipients are not eligible for an award in the same category two (2) years’ in a row.
- individuals and/or organizations may nominate a maximum of two (2) nominees.
- individuals and/or non-profit organizations who receive compensation for their efforts do not qualify for an award.
Please have all of your information ready before you begin. This includes:
- consent from the nominee to have their name put forward.
- your Organization's contact information (name, position, organization, address, email, phone number).
- the nominee's contact information (name, address, email, phone number).
- a written paragraph (100-250 words) describing your nominee's good works.
- a photo or logo of your nominee.
- the form requires completion in a single session.
- estimated time to complete: 10-15 minutes (dependent on having all of your information prepared prior to starting the nomination).