On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, the Association of Fundraising Professionals South Saskatchewan Chapter will hold its 18th annual National Philanthropy Day (NPD) Awards Luncheon at the Conexus Arts Centre.
The AFP South Sask board is accepting nominations for the prestigious Outstanding Philanthropist Award. This award recognizes an individual or family that has demonstrated outstanding civic and philanthropic leadership through a proven record of exceptional generosity and financial support. An Outstanding Philanthropist nominee will have encouraged and motivated others to take similar leadership roles toward philanthropy within Southern Saskatchewan.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing the Nomination
Please prepare your documentation in advance. Nominations are open to everyone.
The nomination should include the following information with specific examples from the nominators’ organization:
- Description of impact of giving in the community.
- Evidence of encouragement and motivation given to others to take leadership roles in philanthropy (i.e. challenge gifts, matching gifts, volunteering, etc.).
- Details about the background/commitment of the candidate in advancing inclusion, and reflecting the diversity of our community.
- Each nomination should include the Detailed Nomination Information and any supporting documents.
- The Detailed Nomination Information should be 500 - 1500 words.
- Supporting documents are accepted, but only to support the Detailed Nomination Information. No more than 6 pages of supporting documents are allowed. No new information to be submitted in the supporting documents.
- The Awards Selection Committee will be the AFP South Saskatchewan board and National Philanthropy Day committee.
- Only one (1) recipient shall be selected to receive the 2019 Outstanding Philanthropist award.
- If in the judgment of the Committee, no applicants meet the criteria, no award will be given in this category.
- Deadline for 2019 nomination submissions is August 23rd at 5:00 p.m
Ready to submit? Access the nomination form here.