My Profile

Colin Cumming, MPA

Contact Details

Bio

Young nonprofit professional with five years of fundraising experience for a wide variety of causes. 

To inspire more meaningful connections between donors and organizations, and, ultimately, increased financial commitments, my focus is on: developing an organizational culture that recognizes, appreciates, and celebrates the power of philanthropy and the generosity of donors; building personal, genuine, and open relationships with annual supporters; curating and disseminating quantitative and qualitative mission-driven stories to demonstrate impact. Along the way, it is my goal to implement increasingly strong and sustainable donor relations systems with data-driven, inspiring, and donor-centric solicitation strategies, acknowledgments, thank yous, reports, events, and other communications. 

While my current focus in on unrestricted giving from individuals, I also have experience in corporate and government relations, grant writing, planned and endowment giving, capital campaign management and implementation, social media marketing, digital communications, donor recognition and stewardship, database management, and team management.

With an M.P.A. in Nonprofit Management & Leadership and a B.A. in Social Relations and Policy, I hope to, one day, pursue a Ph.D. in Public Policy and teach part-time. Currently, I’m in the midst of securing the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential.