My Profile

Ms. Leila Fitzpatrick, MA

Inkwise

Contact Details

Inkwise

Bio

I work with nonprofits to tell meaningful, persuasive stories. My specialty is crafting powerful messaging that anchors an organization’s communications strategy and promotes its fundraising goals.

I help organizations share stories that illustrate their purpose and passion to build connections, compel prospects, and motivate donors. I write case statements, annual appeals, capital campaign collateral, annual reports, presentations, slide decks, and most other fundraising fodder. My clients range from local startups to established, global institutions. What they all share is a commitment to making the world a better place whether it’s through the arts, education, advocacy, or social justice.

I learned about nonprofits from the inside. Before launching Inkwise, I worked in nonprofit management and arts administration. My portfolio spanned nonprofit institutional advancement—from strategic program development, budgeting and financial management to communications and development. During 14 years at CulturalDC, including as Deputy Director, I oversaw internal operations, arts programming and communications. We spearheaded arts-focused real estate development, facilitated artist housing opportunities and opened two bricks-and-mortar arts spaces in DC: Flashpoint and Source.