My Profile

Tara Deihm

Contact Details

Bio

I started my career in nonprofit, moved into transportation, earned my degree in business management, spent some time in procurement, but am now ending me career back in nonprofit. I have fundraising and grant experience, but only on a fundamental level. My current position is rounding out and building that knowledge and experience.

I have always desired to serve my community. However, after a few semesters with a Social Service major, I realized that I lacked some of the necessary personality traits to work directly with hurting and desperate people. Business was however a perfect match for my personality and skill sets, so I chose to serve the people who serve the people and still do my part to serve my community.

Being part of helping people learn to love and respect our green spaces is the motivator that brought me to a YMCA Camp. Helping children to learn and grow in ways that only camp can provide is icing on the cake. It's my job to help make sure that we have the funds we need to make sure that children can go to camp regardless of ability to pay, and I can't think of a better reason to get up each morning. Knowing that I am part of the solution and a program that helps to change lives one child at a time, makes me a very happy camper!