My Profile

Laura Williford

Contact Details

Bio

As Director of Development, my primary responsibility is to ensure the continued success and growth of the organization’s fund development program.  I oversee the development and management of cultivation activities, annual giving, grant writing, unique events, and related relationship-building activities. I also serve as the staff liaison for the Fund Development Advisory Council.

As a lifelong North Carolinian, I attended North Carolina State University and earned a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. During my time at NC State, I interned at the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce in the areas of fundraising and public relations. I am committed to working in a field that positively impacts and serves the community.  My mom is a former educator and I admire the commitment of our public schools to ensuring the success of our future leaders, our students. When I'm not at WakeEd, I enjoy spending time with my husband, heading to the coast as much as possible, and playing tennis.