AFP WNY Blog

Be the first person to recommend this.
You may have noticed there’s a new option to include a salary range when posting an open position to our AFP WNY Chapter Job Center. It is our way of encouraging organizations who want to attract top development professionals, and to demonstrate their commitment to our principles of inclusion, diversity, equity and access. AFP WNY is a 2022 IDEA Champion, and we see including salary ranges in job postings as a way to promote equity in our profession. More specifically, salary ranges set expectations for pay so neither side is wasting time on a hiring process that may not meet financial needs. It recognizes that women and people of color are often at a disadvantage ...
0 comments
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Western New York Chapter has been named a 2022 Ten Star GOLD Chapter and an IDEA Champion Chapter. Every year, AFP, the largest association of professional fundraisers in the world, honors chapters for achieving goals that align with key objectives in its long-range strategic plan. Chapters receive the Ten Star GOLD Award for performing specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fundraising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy. A list of several goals is published annually by AFP Global Headquarters, and chapters must accomplish 15 of these goals during the year to be honored. ...
0 comments
By: Joshua Meyer With the COVID-19 pandemic and its economic impact creating unprecedented disruptions for the nonprofit sector, it’s definitely a challenging time for fundraising. Organizations of all sizes have needed to quickly adapt to the realities of social distancing and the cancellations of in-person events, for instance. This particular challenge is twofold. Nonprofits not only need to shift their events and engagement strategies to the virtual sphere , but they also have to ensure their digital efforts stand out in a crowded online space. In many ways, going virtual makes it easier to continually refine your efforts — but only ...
0 comments
Mongoose is our text update sponsor for the 2019 Annual Fundraising and Networking Conference, taking place at Buffalo State College on Wednesday, June 12th from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Mongoose Director of Client Development, Lauren Jaeger will present a session during each of the three breakouts in the conference schedule. At Mongoose, we’re driven by one goal - helping higher ed institutions improve communication between college staff and their constituents. That’s why we’re a proud sponsor of AFP WNY Chapter’s Annual Fundraising and Networking Conference and eager to participate in this year’s event. We work closely with more than 400 institutions ...
0 comments
On June 12, 2019, Lori L. Jacobwith, founder of Ignited Fundraising  will present dual keynotes and a breakout session at the AFP WNY Chapter's 2019 Annual Fundraising & Networking Conference .  Named one of America’s Top 25 Fundraising Experts, Lori is an internationally-recognized master storyteller and fundraising culture change expert. She has more than 30 years’ experience helping nonprofit organizations raise $300 million dollars from individual donors. And counting. Take a read for a preview of Lori’s morning keynote. Quickly , do you know exactly where your organization is, at this point in the year, in meeting your annual fundraising ...
0 comments
In 2001 when I took my first post-collegiate job in the non-profit sector, I couldn’t imagine nearly two decades later I would lead the philanthropic profession in my region as President of the Western New York Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). I couldn’t have dreamed I would be a Vice President directing a team of fundraising and marketing staff; or that I would be blogging for an international organization. If someone had told me I would write a successful book on annual funds, I would have laughed. After all, like many of the young professionals I mentor, I was nervous and uncertain, and I had so much to learn; but today, that’s ...
0 comments
Invest in yourself. Earn your CFRE. I knew I wanted credential letters after my name from an early age. Some of the smartest minds I knew, including my late father, were validated by a set of credentials that their professions require, ensuring they adhere to a strict quality of education, ethics, and accountability. CPA, CCC-SLP, ASA, CFA, CCP. The moment I learned a CFRE credential was an option, I knew I wanted it. But in that line lies two critically disparate notions, pitting the CFRE against so many other credentials. It was an option that I wanted. It was not a requirement that I needed. A CFRE is not required to practice ...
0 comments
CHAPTER PRESIDENT'S UPDATE Greetings AFP WNY community!   With one full month in the books for 2019, your regional chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is busy at work to provide you with enhanced value as you navigate your fundraising efforts. As I enter my second year as chapter President, I am more excited than ever about our direction. You may recall, at the start of last year, I indicated  FIVE strategic priorities   for the chapter: (1) grow membership through ...
0 comments