Promoting our profession
The AFP-WNY Chapter is continuing the AFP-WNY Young Professional Scholarship Program for its 2020-2021 program year!
The Scholarship provides a Young Professional with the opportunity to join our chapter and we will cover the first-year membership dues of $95.
Who are we looking for?
To qualify for this offer, individuals must:
- be 30 years old or younger
- be joining as first-time members of AFP
- be employed (or have been employed) by an organization that provides benefits to society
Resources, networking and guidance
In exchange for this scholarship, these new members will:
- Commit to a year of participation on one of our chapter committees: Membership, Professional Advancement, External Relations, National Philanthropy Day or IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access)
- Be matched with a mentor as part of the 2020-2021 Mentoring Partnership Program to help them get the most out of their membership
Application Period NOW OPEN
If you are a young professional, or know one, who meets the criteria, please fill out the application and submit it by July 15, 2020 to Emily Knapic, Chapter Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Emily Knapic, Chapter Manager at email@example.com
Winners of the AFP-WNY Young Professional Scholarship will receive a one-time, one-year membership and all the benefits it entails. Selection of scholarship winners will be based on strategic membership initiatives.
By submitting an application, applicants agree:
1. To attend the Member Meet and Greet if available.
2. To join an AFP WNY Chapter committee. Conference calling will be available if needed. Members from outside the immediate Buffalo area are encouraged to participate.
3. To participate in the 2020-2021 cycle of the Mentoring Partnership Program (attendance at kickoff breakfast event - date TBA - is encouraged)