Promoting our profession
The AFP-WNY Chapter invites local young professional colleagues to apply for an opportunity to join our chapter as new members, at no cost to them or their organization. Through a limited annual scholarship program, the AFP WNY Chapter will award up to ten scholarships during 2019 for first-time Young Professional members.
(value: $95.00; offer good through 2019 or until ten scholarships are awarded)
Who are we looking for?
To qualify for this offer, individuals must:
- be 30 years old or younger
- be joining as first-time members of AFP
- be employed (or have been employed) by an organization that provides benefits to society
Resources, networking and guidance
In exchange for this scholarship, these new members will:
- Commit to a year of participation on one of our chapter committees: Membership, Professional Advancement, External Relations, National Philanthropy Day or IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access)
- Be matched with a mentor as part of the 2019-2020 Mentoring Partnership Program to help them get the most out of their membership
Application Period OPEN
If you are a young professional, or have a colleague who meets the criteria, please return completed applications to Emily Knapic, Chapter Manager at email@example.com.
Email Emily Knapic, Chapter Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Benzin, VP of Chapter Membership at email@example.com.
Winners of the AFP-WNY Young Professional Scholarship will receive a one-time, one-year membership and all the benefits it entails. Selection of scholarship winners will be based on strategic membership initiatives.
By submitting an application, applicants agree:
1. To attend the Member Meet and Greet (tentatively May 2019) if available.
2. To join an AFP WNY Chapter committee. Conference calling will be available if needed. Members from outside the immediate Buffalo area are encouraged to participate.
3. To participate in the 2019-2020 cycle of the Mentoring Partnership Program (attendance at kickoff breakfast event in June 2019 is encouraged)