Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) advances philanthropy by enabling people and organizations to practice ethical and effective fundraising. The core activities through which AFP fulfills this mission include education, training, mentoring, research, credentialing and advocacy. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. The association is comprised of nearly 30,000 professionals in chapters throughout the world. Our AFP South Sound chapter currently has 115 members.
The Chapter Administrator is a person responsible for the successful, consistent and efficient operational functioning of AFP South Sound and supports the Board of Directors in service to the members.
This is a part-time position, 3-5 hours per week (20 hours per month maximum), based on an annual contract.
The Chapter Administrator must be able to work from a home office with the necessary technology setup to support the day-to-day activities related to administration, programming and communications for the chapter.
AFP South Sound Chapter President
General Chapter Administration
- Answer inquiries about events and the Chapter overall via email and phone with a 24-hour turnaround and forwarding to the appropriate Board/Committee members as required
- Attend chapter board meetings and recording accurate minutes as needed
- Reconcile event payments/receipts/invoicing with Chapter Treasurer, making bank deposits, and checking the Chapter’s PO Box
- Coordinating communications between AFP International and AFP South Sound as directed by the President and Executive Committee
- Maintaining Chapter correspondence and other files, as required
- Preparing forms due to AFP International such as Ten Star, Chapter Accord, and 100% Board Participation
- Maintaining and updating on a monthly basis an accurate database of South Sound members and prospective members/friends for marketing purposes in partnership with AFP International
- Updating contact information in the South Sound database, with AFP International and within MailChimp
- Coordinating meeting packages for the Annual Meeting with President and Executive Committee
- Setting up the program announcement and registration, in coordination with the Programs Committee, for all events in EventBrite
- Managing online registration process for all events, including sending registration updates to committee volunteers and managing onsite registration for events
- Providing support for events including managing venue and food logistics, audio/visual requirements, handouts, signage, name tags and coordination and tabulation of session evaluations with volunteer guidance
Marketing and Communications
- Serve as primary website administrator (Higher Logic platform), managing site updates as requested, moderating comments and discussion forums, and serving as primary liaison to AFP International
- Maintain and update email lists in MailChimp for monthly e-newsletters, e-blasts and special e-communications
- Maintain and update mailing lists for annual print mail piece, and coordinate printing
- Coordinate board “buddy lists” for program marketing
- Maintain and update, as needed, chapter communication assets, including templates and photographs
- Managing the online job posting system for the Chapter
- Help facilitate membership mailings, including acquisition mailings, in coordination with volunteers
Confidentiality & Standards of Practice
- Subscribes to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Practice particularly as it pertains to the management of confidential information
Profile of Skills
- Post-secondary education preferred but not required, and 5 years of equivalent office administrative and development experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to establish rapport and credibility with others
- Strong customer service orientation
- Professionalism and patience with a high level of diplomacy and tact
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Windows, Word and Excel), Dropbox and Google Drive
- Familiarity with online event, communications and website management tools (particularly EventBrite, MailChimp and Higher Logic)
- Previous experience working with a volunteer board and leadership volunteers
- Previous experience organizing or coordinating events and/or meetings an asset
- Personal mode of transportation required for meeting
The Chapter Administrator is an independent contractor position with an hourly rate ranging from $18-$22 per hour. The Chapter Administrator also will receive a complimentary AFP-South Sound membership ($300 value). The Administrator will submit monthly invoices for payment. The contract is for a period of 12-months, with reviews every six months.
POSITION START DATE
September 1, 2018
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter responding to the responsibilities and desired skills to Chapter President James Plourde at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.