Join us for a ZOOM webinar presentation by Suzanne Ruley!
Just like any hero preparing for an epic journey, you should be prepared. First, become familiar with your values compass. You also need a map to know how to travel safely through your fundraising career.
On our journey we will visit the Seven Lands of Dilemma. You should beware of the Terrain of Tainted Treasures, Great Perilous Privacy Pitfalls, Stormy Seas of Stewardship, and other regions of ethical conflict.
Once you know the layout of the land and seas, you can navigate easily, circumvent problems, take the correct fork in the road, find your greatest allies, avoid heartbreak, and mobilize great wealth.
Learning objectives: Attendees will leave with
This presentation has been approved for 1 CFRE point.
- an understanding of how ethics are formed and what they are,
- a grasp of the levels of ethics (individual, leadership, and governance), and how they mold an organization’s ethical culture,
- the ability to identify the seven categories of ethical dilemmas
- critical thinking tools to use regarding each of the dilemmas
- a toolkit of ethics resources that will help them to find answers to ethical problems.
Suzanne Ruley, CFRE, CFRM is director of development at the Pinellas Community Foundation. She has a BFA from Carnegie Mellon, and a Master of Arts in Arts Administration from Goucher College. Before PCF, Suzanne was director of development at RCS Pinellas and manager of grants and planned giving at Ruth Eckerd Hall. She is an ACFRE candidate.