April 7, 2020
Dear AFP members and friends of the DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference,
Due to the current health crisis, the Boards of Directors of the Greater Dallas and Fort Worth Metro Chapters of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Conference Planning Committee have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 AFP DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference, June 4-5, 2020 at Irving Convention Center. We sincerely regret the circumstances but believe this is the right decision to protect the health and safety of all sponsors, speakers and attendees.
We plan to present as much of our originally planned program as possible, with as many of the same sponsors and speakers as are available, at the 2021 AFP DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference, tentatively scheduled for June 3-4, 2021. Please save these dates on your calendar and watch for updates at www.dfwphilanthropyconference.com and on our social media channels.
Our deepest appreciation goes to our speakers, sponsors and exhibitors to date for their generous support of the 2020 Conference, including:
- Jim Anderson, CFRE
- Alice L. Ferris, MBA, CFRE, ACFRE
- Laura Fredricks, JD
- Tim Kachuriak
- Rachel Muir
- Shariq Siddiqui, PhD
- Bill Strathmann
- Eddie Thompson, EdD
- CCS — Presenting Sponsor
- M. Gale & Associates — Luncheon Sponsor
- Scarborough Specialties — Registration Sponsor
- Catapult Fundraising — Digital Sponsor
- CommonTeri — Exhibit Hall Sponsor
- Dini Spheris — Double Speaker Sponsor
- Brad Cecil & Associates
- Crescendo Interactive, Inc.
- DFW Nonprofit Pros
- Frost Bank
- Gleneagles Country Club
- High Ground Advisors
- JYRA Films
- Mission Advancement Professionals
- Thompson & Associates
If you have already registered for the 2020 conference, we will automatically transfer your registration and apply all payments to the 2021 event. This option gives you maximum flexibility to plan as needed in the coming year, while locking in the 2020 rates.
If you are unable to attend the 2021 conference, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021, and choose one of the following options:
- Donation — AFP is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that depends on the support of its members to continue to provide our conferences, scholarships and other events to advance opportunities for fundraising professionals. You may donate all or part of your registration to assist us with expenses already incurred for the 2021 conference and receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donation. To donate, please email email@example.com.
- Full refund — Send your refund request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a written request to: AFP DFW PIA Conference, 14070 Proton Road, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75244.
During the weeks and months ahead, please continue to support the Greater Dallas and Fort Worth Metro Chapters of AFP as the conference is the single largest source of annual revenue for their operations. Maintaining membership in AFP and making additional donations are especially appreciated to help ensure the continued success and financial stability of the chapters.
We wish all our AFP members good health as we move forward during these unprecedented circumstances and thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you in June 2021!
Renée Underwood, CFRE — Chair, AFP DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference
John Gilchrist, FACHP, CFRE — Co-Chair, AFP DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference
Cathy R. Sheffield, CAP®, CSPG, CFRE, FCEP — President, Fort Worth Metro Chapter AFP
Shawn Wills, CFRE — President, Greater Dallas Chapter AFP
and the members of the Conference Planning Committee and Boards of Directors