Message from the AFP-CAC President

President's Message

Hello - My name is Heather Vida and I am proud to be the current president of the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Capital Area Chapter (AFP- CAC).

AFP’s mission is to empower individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research, and advocacy. That is what we do.  But as every person that has worked in fundraising knows, that is not just who we are.  We are cheerleaders who inspire.  We are the planners who motivate.  We are the agents and advocates of change.  The work we do to support the organizations we serve is significant and makes a difference every day. It can also be challenging.

That is why it is so important to have a community that you can rely on. For me, that community is AFP. 

With over 70 members, the chapter is part of a network of 270 chapters worldwide within the international Association of Fundraising Professionals organization.  AFP-CAC wants to be the network that you can lean on. The resources available to our members are tremendous - practice tools, sample templates, consultant directories, research, and so much more. Monthly chapter luncheons offer opportunities to connect with colleagues and invest in your own professional growth.  If there is a topic we haven’t covered and you want to know about, let us know!

Whether you are a seasoned development director, fundraising consultant, grant writer, volunteer fundraiser, foundation executive or a new development associate, our chapter is dedicated to supporting our members and providing quality educational and networking opportunities for you.

On behalf of the AFP-CAC Board of Directors, thank you for being part of this chapter! And thank you for what you do every day to make mid-Michigan and the organization you represent even better!

With a grateful heart,

Heather Vida, CFRE

Current AFP-CAC President
Director of Fund Development, Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence & Ionia Area Hospice
hvida@hospiceoflansing.org