Thanks to the generosity of our members, sponsors, and AFP Foundation for Philanthropy the AFP WNY Chapter offers scholarships to provide opportunities for participants to increase professionalism, knowledge and skills by attending courses, conferences and workshops relevant to fundraisers offered locally, nationally and internationally.
Scholarship application periods are announced via newsletter, click here to sign up for future announcements. Please contact us with any questions.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS MEMBERSHIP: Twelve-month scholarships will be awarded to up to ten individuals 30 years of age or younger. Recipients must participate as a member of a Chapter committee and be actively matched in the mentoring program.
CHAMBERLAIN SCHOLARSHIP: One scholarship of a registration fee to the AFP International Conference. The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy will directly pay the funds to AFP IHQ for registration. Only one scholarship can be awarded to any member in a lifetime. Recipients must be active members of the chapter which includes activities such as Committee participation and/or Professional Development participation.
CFRE/ACFRE EXAM SCHOLARSHIP: Scholarships of up to $200 each will be awarded to up to ten AFP WNY members who have successfully achieved their initial CFRE or initial ACFRE certification. Recipients must be active members of the chapter which includes activities such as Committee participation, Professional Development participation, and/or CFRE study group participation.
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP: Scholarship of a one-year membership to AFP WNY and a one-year flex pass for the corresponding year for an individual who self-identifies as an historically marginalized group. Only one scholarship can be awarded to any member in a lifetime. Recipients must participate as a member of a Chapter committee and be actively matched in the mentoring program.
- Applicants must be employed by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization/registered charity with at least 50% of job duties devoted to development work.
- Preference will be given to members active in AFP WNY activities including but not limited to: chapter-led professional development initiatives, committee participation, event participation, and leadership.
- Applicants must not have previously received the requested scholarship.
- Additional information may be required by each individual program application.
- Young Professionals members must be first-time members of AFP WNY and aged 30 years or younger at time of application.
- Applicants for the Chamberlain Scholarship and/or the AFP International Conference scholarship must have never attended an international conference as a registered participant. Preference will be given to newcomers to the field of fundraising, especially those with less than 3 years of experience.
- CFRE/ACFRE exam scholarship will be awarded to individuals who have successfully passed their CFRE/ACFRE exam. Proof of passing grade will be required. Scholarship available up to 12 months following passing of exam.
- Diversity Scholarship applicants must meet at least one IDEA criteria.
- Diversity Scholarship applicants must be a new AFP member.