Many organizations are unsure of how to launch and sustain legacy giving programs.
AFP Silicon Valley Chapter has retooled its existing training program to better encourage, instruct, nurture, inspire and support nonprofits in securing legacy gifts through organization mentoring. More than 60 organizations and their mentors have secured millions of dollars since inception in 2000. We focus on program visibility and especially the one-on-one legacy ask through existing relationships.
We provide resources and hands-on mentoring to nonprofits developing and implementing legacy giving programs to promote long-term financial stability.
Your organization will receive help tailored for its needs whether it is program creation or expansion. We will focus on building the internal support you need to ensure that legacy giving becomes institutionalized at your nonprofit.
We will be monitoring results frequently and providing extensive hands-on support through our mentors. Your agency will set goals for the number of one-on-one legacy asks made, the number of qualified leads obtained, and the number of confirmed gifts. Your and your mentor's time will be used wisely with extensive use of phone and web meetings. The annual fee: $1,200, payable when you receive notice of acceptance.
Proposal submission deadline is February 28, 2018 with notification by March 15, 2018.
The program starts May 1, 2018. Download an APPLICATION.
Your agency will:
- Spend at least 5% of time on program (2 hours / week; 1 day / month)
- Develop and report regularly on reasonable goals
- Participate in an evaluation process to guide future program development
- Have at least one person with membership in AFP Silicon Valley Chapter.
AFP SVC will:
- Provide mentors and collateral materials
- Train and coach mentors to assist nonprofits
- Ensure coaches provide support on technical issues as needed
- Build an online repository for sample documents and reports