AFP California Valley Chapter is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program.
This program provides funding to attend the annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising (ICON). ICON is a valuable conference designed to help individuals serving nonprofit organizations develop their knowledge and skills in fundraising.
The Chamberlain Scholarship award includes:
- Recipient’s ICON registration fee (minus a $10 processing fee)
- $1,000 in total reimbursement towards travel costs such as flights, meals, and lodging.
The 2020 AFP ICON is scheduled for March 29 – 31, 2020 in Baltimore, MD.
The following criteria are necessary to submit an application for the Chamberlain Scholarship program:
- Candidate must be employed as a fundraising professional; if not, a substantial amount of candidate’s time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant and is committed to attend the full conference as scheduled.
- Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form about their experience at ICON.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. This can be accomplished through a report to chapter leadership during a regularly scheduled monthly program, online publication, or via an alternate contribution to be identified by chapter leadership.
APPLY FOR THE 2021 CHAMBERLAIN SCHOLARSHIP BEGINNING IN AUGUST!