Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
If off-site, please specify location.
RCCD Alumni House
$6,468 - $7,875
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the RCCD Foundation, is responsible for organizing and implementing the Foundation's community relations and annual giving programs as well as assisting with coordination of Foundation sponsored major events.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in communications, public relations or a related field is required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desirable. At least three years professional paid experience in fundraising and/or community/public relations in a nonprofit and/or educational setting.
- Basic principles and strategies of fundraising in a nonprofit and/or educational setting;
- Metrics and other methods of measuring fundraising and donor relations success;
- Strategies for successful cultivation and solicitation of donors;
- Special event planning and scheduling;
- Community relations strategies.
- Create strategies for moves management with donors and prospects;
- Communicate effectively with donors and donor prospects regarding District and College priority initiatives;
- Organize and carry out multiple assignments;
- Effectively communicate with civic/community leaders and organizations;
- Prepare effective solicitation and advertising materials;
- Maintain a flexible schedule necessary for the management of evening and weekend events.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Administrators, staff, faculty, donors, alumni, community members, community leaders, Foundation Board of Directors.
Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Will require occasional travel.
Employee works in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
Must have evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Relations and Fundraising
- Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive community relations and annual giving program to targeted internal and external audiences including individuals, businesses, and community organizations.
- Coordinates meetings with and presentations to community groups, service organizations, and individual or business donor prospects regarding District and campus initiatives for the purpose of building the donor pipeline and soliciting contributions.
- Establishes and manage a portfolio of donor prospects through community relations work, for the purpose of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual and major gifts.
- Adheres to a moves management structure of donor relations and solicitation; track community relations activities and fundraising results for reporting purposes to District and College leadership.
- Schedules, coordinates, and implements major events sponsored by the RCCD Foundation.
- Develops concepts and writes proposals, articles, event scripts, and/or other written materials related to fundraising and community relations activities.
- Assists RCCD colleges as appropriate in the development and implementation of fundraising events and fundraising activities.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of District and College priorities and initiatives to assist in donor/community relations and fundraising activities.
- Assists with content development for the RCCD Foundation website and other electronic/social media tools.
- Assists with the Foundation Board of Directors as appropriate, through attendance at board and committee meetings and communication with board members about their annual contributions, etc.
- Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
- Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Other Document: Diversity Response
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated Start Date: April 2022
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of March.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: