Base Pay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 / Year
EEO Code: Officials and Managers
How to Apply: https://secure5.yourpayrollhr.com/ta/PRI05.careers?CareersSearch
PURPOSE AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Major Gifts Director is responsible for developing, maintaining and growing a portfolio of major donors in support of a variety of fund development goals, programs, fundraising events, grants and major charitable and gifting efforts to support the operations of the organization. Actively cultivates and maintains strong relationships with individuals, religious and community groups, businesses, and other non-profits and foundations. Also supports various fundraising events, activities and tasks to achieve overall fund raising goals.
- Manages a portfolio of high-end donors through various fund development programs, activities and the cultivation of relationships with potential donors, donor groups and other charitable funding sources.
- Actively cultivates and maintains strong relationships with individuals, religious and community groups, businesses, and other non-profits and foundations.
- Cultivates major and planned gifts for Ridge initiatives, special event sponsorships, etc.
- Navigates donor databases and other similar platforms for strategic planning and cultivation for fund raising and donor development opportunities.
- Makes presentations and solicitations supporting partnerships and projects in support of major donation and gift development.
- Develops, writes and manages annual fund appeals and other events and initiatives in partnership with the Director of Community Relations.
- Assists in the identification of potential grants including research and target funding opportunities and assists in the development and presentation of grant requests.
- Represents Peppermint Ridge at fairs, community events, and other similar activities to foster goodwill and gather potential donor/volunteer contact information for follow-up.
- Assists with the development of the Annual Report and reports on activities and results.
- Performs any and all additional duties as required and directed for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- Strong and in-depth knowledge of large gifts fund development operations, structures, and processes, and their applicability to a clinically-based, non-profit environment.
- Strong project management principles, processes and techniques.
- Strong communications in private and public settings, and strong analytical knowledge applied in a fund development setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication methodologies, public presentation and networking practices; project management, and problem-solving techniques.
Education and Special Requirements:
- BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Psychology, or related field, or equivalent directly related progressive experience.
- An additional 5+ years of work experience in a marketing, communications, fund development role.
- Experience in a non-profit setting is preferred
Skills Demonstrated By:
- Effectively developing, implementing, maintaining and managing a variety of major giving functional operations in fund development, marketing and community programs, events and activities.
- Effectively working with team members across the enterprise to accomplish project and performance goals.
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and appropriate confidentiality in all activities and efforts.
- Ability to work independently and make critical decisions in the absence of supervision.
Problems Solved and Decision Making:
- Addresses and resolves a variety of fund development, fundraising, grant and major gift development issues and problems.
- Makes recommendations for improvements in processes, programs, productivity and services to meet goals and operating requirements.
- Makes decisions based upon the appropriate application of operational best practices.
- Director of Community Relations
- Routine to complex contacts with consultants, network contacts, community and civic groups and individuals, vendors and other business entities.
- Frequent routine to moderately complex Company-wide contacts with managers and employees.