Announcements

• A Message from Mary Fu, Chapter President

It is with great pleasure that I serve as the President of the Long Island chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).

Our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research, and advocacy. That is what we do, but it is not who we are.

As fundraisers we are advocates, planners, friends, change makers, and realists. The work we do to support the organizations we serve is critical. It is also challenging.

That is why it is so important to have a community that you can rely on. For me, that community is AFP. AFP is an incredible network of fundraisers that you can lean on. AFP LI members continue to lead the way in fundraising success, striving to meet our community's philanthropic needs. As you plan for this coming year ahead, I hope you'll take advantage of many of the tools and resources your AFP membership offers.

Most importantly, I hope you'll continue to connect with this amazing network of fundraising professionals at a monthly program, affinity group, or social, invest in your professional education, and continue changing the world every day!

Whether you are just beginning your career or you have been fundraising for several decades, there’s a place for you in our AFP community, and our chapter is committed to serving you.

Thank you for being part of this chapter! And thank you for what you do every day to make Long Island better.

Yours in Service,

Mary Fu
    President, AFP Long Island Chapter

Chief Development and Marketing Officer, Helen Keller Services