National Philanthropy Day Televised Show
Friday, November 17 at 8:00 pm EST on Detroit Public Television
Watch the full show here!
Thank you to everyone that joined us in watching the premiere of the 2023 National Philanthropy Day televised program on Friday, November 17 on Detroit Public Television. If you weren't able to watch, you can watch the full show here.
Don't have access to DPTV? You can livestream from their website.
Join us for the premiere of the 2023 National Philanthropy Day televised program on Friday, November 17 from 8:00-9:30 pm on Detroit Public Television.
In partnership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter, Detroit Public Television will air a series of Philanthropy Roundtables recorded live at Life Remodeled in recognition of National Philanthropy Day 2023. The show will include some of Detroit’s top philanthropy leaders discussing how philanthropy is changing, and highlight the impact of philanthropy on our community.
2023 National Philanthropy Day Honorees
NPD Roundtable Breakfast Panelists
The Changing Role of Philanthropy in Greater Detroit
Moderated by Mitch Albom, Founder Say Detroit, Best Selling Author
- Ric Devore, President and CEO, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Wendy Lewis Jackson, Managing Director, Kresge Foundation
- Kylee Mitchell Wells, Executive Director, SE Michigan, The Ballmer Group
- Faye Nelson, Michigan Director, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Mary Culler, President, Ford Motor Company Fund
Philanthropy’s Impact: A Detroit Perspective
Moderated by Jeremiah Steen, Trustee, The Skillman Foundation
- Kate Levin Markel, President, McGregor Foundation
- Latrice McClendon, Detroit Director, Knight Foundation
- Logan Newman, Youth Philanthropist and Member, Skillman Youth Council
- Lauren Hood, Founder, Institute for Afro Urbanism
Philanthropy’s Response to New Challenges
Moderated by Eileen Savage, Chief Advancement Officer, Cranbrook Education Community
- Michael Bickers, Michigan Market President, PNC
- Cynthia K. Rowell, Director of Learning and Impact, Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Kellie Ray, Partner and Not-for-Profit Industry Group Leader, Plante Moran
- Nikia S. Washington, Incoming Director of Member Engagement, Council of Michigan Foundation, TSOP
Stay tuned for more details!