2020 AFP Greater Detroit Philanthropy Award NominationsPlease note that NPD award nominations are closed and the awardees will be announced soon.
Annual National Philanthropy Day is the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Detroit Chapter's premier event, to celebrate and honor the passion, commitment and leadership of Southeastern Michigan's philanthropists, distinguished volunteers, and those in the fundraising profession. We will be hosting National Philanthropy Day in November 2020. Nominate a Deserving Individual or Organization!
Nominations are now closed for the 2020 Philanthropy Awards. Links to award criteria and past awardees are included below for reference.
- Categories and criteria are outlined here.
- For a list of past awardees, click here.
Tips for a Competitive Nomination:
- Awardees typically support more than one nonprofit. Be sure to include clear examples of how your nominee impacts your organization and others in Greater Detroit.
- Most successful nominations have references and letters of support from multiple nonprofits. Ask your colleagues at other nonprofits that have benefited from your nominee's work to provide letters of support and be available as a reference.
- Answer all the questions on the nomination form and provide clear examples. Most nominations fail not because the nominee isn't an outstanding philanthropist or volunteer, but because the application is weak.
- Remember, if you have an outstanding donor or volunteer that might not be competitive for one of the National Philanthropy Day Awards, you can always recognize them as a Distinguished Volunteer for your nonprofit - it's a very special honor that your donor or volunteer will cherish.
Questions? Please contact the 2020 National Philanthropy Day Awards Committee co-chairs, Marah Casey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Erika George (email@example.com).