Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State), College-wide, is seeking a full-time Vice President for Advancement & Outreach.
M State is a regional, student-focused institution, poised for a strong future. M State is the fifth-largest outstate college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving more than 8,000 students each year. But don’t be fooled by our size. At M State you’ll find the best of both worlds: big-college resources and a small-college feel on our four welcoming campuses and in our many online courses and programs. Our vision is to be a success story for every student. We lead with our values of integrity, inclusion and innovation, and we strive to be ‘All IN’ as we teach and serve our diverse student body.
Mission, Vision, Values
Minnesota State Community and Technical College specializes in affordable and exceptional education, service, and workforce training. We welcome all students and engage them in shaping their futures and their communities.
A success story for every student.
As dedicated professionals, we act with purpose in everything we do. We are sincere and honest in our relationships and communications and hold ourselves accountable to doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
We welcome, respect and accept people for who they are and celebrate the power of our collective differences in creating and shaping more robust, energized communities.
Through the power of our four campuses, strategic partnerships and creative problem-solving, we enhance communities. We incorporate technology to improve the student experience, and we see continuous improvement as a constant.
The Vice President for Advancement & Outreach is responsible for leadership, development and management of activities and services related to advancing the college in terms of enrollment, community relations, marketing and fundraising. The vice president directs, manages and oversees all recruiting, marketing and communication activities for the college and provides executive leadership for the college Foundation, including cultivating donors. The vice president participates in the Executive Leadership Team, reports to and advises the President, and is responsible for outreach and liaison with alumni, business, charitable, governmental and community leaders.
• Advancement/Executive Director of Foundation – serve as the senior fundraising officer responsible for organization and management of all fundraising efforts and long-range development goals to expand private support for M State.
• Recruiting, Marketing and Communication – develop and implement an integrated, proactive, comprehensive marketing strategy to enhance the brand, influence and growth goals of M State.
• Grants and Engagement – develop and nurture collaborative relationships with key eternal audiences, including alumni, volunteers and other affinity groups that will result in opportunities for grants, partnerships or philanthropic gifts.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in business, marketing, public relations, communication, non-profit management or a related area.
• At least five years of relevant executive level experience
Required Qualifications (continued):
• Capacity to build a robust advancement team to include major gifts, marketing, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, and grants management.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and management skills in areas such as goal setting and accountability, delegation and evaluation, budget planning and management, and an understanding and appreciation of the strategic uses of all resources.
• Knowledge of and experience with identification, engagement, cultivation, solicitations and stewardship of donor and donor prospect strategies and techniques; and an understanding of managing capital and comprehensive campaigns, major planned and annual giving programs, as well as marketing, recruiting, outreach and development.
• Knowledge of best practices within the development profession, including those related to deferred giving, annual fund management, direct mail, corporate and foundation relations, use of social media and other areas that support fund-raising and recruiting efforts.
• Demonstrated experience working within a diverse environment and promoting equity and inclusion in the workplace and community.
• Demonstrated superior professional skills in oral and written communication and organizational and planning skills.
• Demonstrated collaboration skills evidenced by working across organizational boundaries with peers and direct reports to complete projects.
• Demonstrated commitment to ethical, collaborative, consultative and team-oriented leadership.
• Familiarity with state and federal reporting requirements and laws pertaining to non-profit development.
• Proven record of leading with integrity, acting with discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
• Graduate degree in a related area.
• Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE).
• Higher education experience, preferably in a community or technical college setting.
• Demonstrated leadership at the executive director, director or vice presidential level.
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment.
• Experience in managing and developing a non-profit board of directors.
Application Procedure: Position is open until filled, application review will begin on April 6, 2020.
To apply, please go to: www.minnesota.edu/jobs/ (Academic & Administrator).
Application must include:
• Letter of interest
• Curriculum vitae (or resume)
• Three letters of professional reference
• College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening)
If you need accommodations to take part in the application process, please contact Human Resources at (218) 736-1512. For more information regarding M State, refer to our website at: www.minnesota.edu. M State is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. A member of the Minnesota State System.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.