AFP Nova Scotia invites you to help us celebrate National Philanthropy Day!
In the wake of the pandemic we've all heard the catchy taglines like "build back better" and "the new way forward", but how are we turning these well intended words into sincere action? Join the Association of Fundraising Professionals Nova Scotia Chapter as we discuss real strategies to break through the red tape, focusing on:
- The non-profit sector's relationship with government and how we can work with leaders more effectively
- The barriers that traditional funding models pose and how granting bodies can make meaningful change
- The specific challenges that grass-roots organizations face when navigating traditional funding systems
- The misconceptions that keep us from embracing accessible, flexible and more balanced ways of work
- Lisa Lachance, MLA, Halifax Citadel-Sable Island
- Omolara Ogunbosi, Executive Director, The Africadian Empowerment Academy
- Matt Thomson, Co-Founder / CEO, Placemaking 4G
- Fiona Valverde, CFRE, VP of Revenue Generation with the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Adam Langer, Director, Public Affairs, NATIONAL Public Relations
- DeRico Symonds, Community Advocate
Full participation in this session is applicable for 1.75 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
We hope you'll join us on November 15th, 2022 to recognize National Philanthropy Day with this important conversation.
Date: November 15, 2022
Time: 11:30 arrival, 12:00 p.m. start
Location: Ashburn Golf Club, 3250 Joseph Howe Dr, Halifax, NS
We hope you will join us for this important discussion.
- $30 Members*
- $40 Non-members
- $225 Table of 8 Tickets
- $20 IDEA Rate**
- $20 Virtual Live-Stream Access
*CAGP Members receive AFP Member pricing
**thanks to generous supporters we’re able to offer a reduced rate to welcome attendees who may not otherwise be able to attend.
AFP - National Philanthropy Day 2022 Official from AFP Global on Vimeo.